What do the lungs do?
Lungs as we know are the primary organs for respiration in human beings. They work tirelessly to supply oxygen to our body and expel carbon dioxide from the body. Breathing also assists in our ability to speak and sing.
Healthy Lungs – Why?
Over the years heart health has been a determining factor of our overall health and wellness. However, it is misnomer. Another major and equally important determining factor of our wellness and increased productivity is our ‘LUNGS’. Lung Capacity i.e. the volume of gas within the lungs at the maximal inspiration (breathing in) is known to directly impact health, stamina and longevity.
A decrease in lung capacity can negatively affect our health causing -
‘I Care for Lungs’ – How?
What ‘you’ can do
- lack of oxygen which results in impaired metabolic functioning
- decreased stamina and endurance during activities
- lack of oxygen reserves therefore increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- poor energy and general fatigue
- decline in general focus, concentration and memory
What ‘you and your friends/ community’ can do
- Do not smoke or consume Tobacco products like pan, gutka etc.
- Exercise daily to increase your lung capacity.
- Breathe through your nose and breathe deeply more often.
- Laughing is good exercise for lungs and you mind. So laugh as much as you can.
- Stay hydrated for healthy lungs.
- Gets your lungs checked every six months.
- Eat healthy - broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, pomegranates, apples, grapefruits etc
Our dream - ‘FOSSIL FUEL FREE FUTURE’
Time to invest in – ‘Air for lungs and Lungs for Air’.
- Remove Dust Pollution
- Reduce Coal and Diesel Use
- Recycle waste